EMERGENCY ESCAPE PLAN
- Plan where to go— a friend, relative, hotel or shelter— and how to get there— a friend picks you up, you take the extra car, you call a relative or a cab
- Keep in a safe place or with someone you trust:
- spare set of keys for car and home
- clothing for self/children
- important papers (ID, savings/checking acct. numbers, copies
of investments, birth certificates, welfare cards, medicines,
- money for cab fare, gas, hotel, food
- phone numbers: doctor, relatives, shelter
- record of any abuse you have suffered (diary, journal,
hospital records, photos, etc.)
- Find excuses to go out that won't make abuser suspicious:
going to laundrymat, post office, walk the dog, take out trash.
Use one of these to cover an escape.
- Teach children to call police or go to a neighbor if you